Post Covid Diet Recommendations
The battle is won, you got your negative report in hand, but can you go back to normal right away?
Those who have suffered this infection, know that it does more harm to our bodies than we can imagine, making the post-Covid recovery process important to follow!
While some individuals may escape the wrath of this virus, some suffer the side effects long after the virus wanes. Patients experience tremendous physical and mental strain and struggle to regain energy and muscle strength.
“Covid can drain you completely and lower your immunity, strength and leave you feeling weak and exhausted. When weakness sets in, even the most basic tasks like getting out of bed, getting dressed or even making a cup of coffee may seem hard.”
A few symptoms commonly observed are – profuse sweating, stomach bloating or constipation, acidity, body heat, and above all dehydration – enervating the body.
It is thus imperative that you have a nutritious yet easy-to-digest diet, to speed up the recovery process. A sufficient intake of proteins, vitamins, and minerals will help treat muscle weakness and help you get back to normal life quicker.
Here’s a simple diet plan for our readers, to take away your daily blues for a healthy menu!
Let’s get started with this simple Post Covid Diet Plan:
OPTION I: 1-2 Dates + Almonds (soaked overnight) + Haldi Milk with natural Mishri (Rock sugar)
- Daliya is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals and has high fiber roughage.
- Raw ghee is full of Vitamin A, E, and D and Omega-3 fatty acids. It also contains antioxidants that boost immunity.
- Nuts are high in nutrients and will help give you strength.
- Aliquam quis leo odio sed, dictum eros
- Nunc finibus vitae finibus justo rhoncus
- Phasellus vel, luctus magna
- Nulla consectetur metus ut molestie
Boil daliya in water, add Gud (jaggery) after turning off the flame, and mix.
Add 1 tbsp of ghee to the mixture. Lastly, garnish with seeds for a crunchy flavor.
You can also use Oats on some days instead of daliya and on some days add Honey instead of Jaggery.
Note: It might be best to avoid drinking tea for a few days or it is better to eat something before you drink tea, as an empty stomach is a big no-no – might cause severe acidity.
LUNCH (before 2 pm)
- Dal (light dals like moong) + Vegetable (with not too much masala) + Rice and Chapati
For cooling off your digestive tract – from the heat of the medication, have:
- Chaas with Pudina (Buttermilk with mint leaves)
- Pudina Lemonade (Virgin Mojito)
Grind Pudina leaves (handful) and sugar in your grinder.
Strain the mixture;
For Mojito: add lemon, salt, pepper, and water.
for Buttermilk: add curd and water.
Note: Have these drinks at room temperature to prevent getting a cold.
A bowl full of any one fruit couple of hours after lunch – Have an Apple, Papaya, Pineapple, Watermelon, etc.
If you’re craving something salty, Have a small bowl of beet salad
Beetroot is a rich source of Vitamins (especially high in Vit D3), Calcium, and Iron. It also increases platelet count and hemoglobin in the body.
Half boil the beetroot and chop it into small pieces. Add lemon juice, coriander, salt, pepper, and crushed roasted peanuts.
Make various salads with Moong sprouts, black & white chana, Mix vegetables – carrots, capsicum, onion, tomato, corn – mix with lemon, salt pepper, some Curd Dip (homemade).
PLEASE NOTE –
1. Sprouts should be half boiled to ease digestion.
2. You can slightly sauté onions, and tomatoes with garlic to add some flavor. But use little oil and don’t over roast.
II. Soup: Try these soups alongside your salad
- Corn soup: The blood thinner – also contains Vitamins B12, C, and iron that produces RBC in the body. It is also a good source of energy.
- Tomato soup: All-time favorite – tangy tomatoes with hidden gems of carrot and little beet to mellow the sourness of tomatoes that can give you a sour throat.
- Coriander / Mint soup: Cooling properties of mint and/or coriander with added onion and garlic give amazing flavor and keep your sinuses clear.
- Spinach soup: Your essential dose of hemoglobin. Add a small potato for some consistency and the usual onion and garlic for added flavor.
In addition to these, have a warm glass of water, first thing in the morning and take steam anytime you get that itchy throat or blocked nose again.
Regular pranayams will also help build inner strength, don’t start your exercise regime at least for a month until you feel active and strong within. We hope this helps with your post covid recovery.