Your cooling workout drink this summer
As we enter the summer months with rising heat levels, the body needs assistance in adjusting to the temperature. Changing our lifestyle and diet according to the seasons allows us to stay in harmony with nature.
Greeshma Ritu (summer) is associated with pitta dosha (fiery). Ayurvedic dietetics advises the restoration of lost water content from the body by keeping oneself hydrated with cooling drinks.
One such gem is Sattu, a staple food from the farming community of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, who are used to working all day even in the hot weather.
Made by powdering roasted Bengal gram or roasted barley, Sattu is packed with protein (20% protein levels, acknowledges huffpost), insoluble fibers and contains a high nutritional value.
Once referred to as a poor man’s protein, Sattu has become a global superfood. People of all age groups can consume Sattu in its various forms.
HERE ARE SOME OF ITS HEALTH BENEFITS :
- It is very light, easily digestible, and provides instant energy.
- According to Ayurveda, sattu is good for those who suffer from vatha (gas) related problems.
- Its low glycemic index makes it suitable for diabetics by regulating blood sugar and blood pressure.
- The combination of calcium and magnesium in sattu makes it excellent for bone health and helps in the treatment of osteoporosis.
Further, Sattu is a very versatile ingredient. In addition to being your workout drink, it can also be used to make both sweet and savory drinks, parathas, ladoos, and chokhas.
We bring to you this simple recipe for a refreshing Sattu drink!
One of the best morning drinks for this weather…
Mix and store the below ingredients:
- Roasted Sattu Powder: 250 gms
- Coconut Sugar: 50 gms
- Jeera Powder: 2 tablespoons
- Himalayan Salt: 2 teaspoons
- Take 2 glasses of water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the mixed powder and 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice to each glass of water.
- Stir well and serve.
Do share this super easy and fun recipe with your family and friends.
Also, check out our step-by-step Mango Fajeto recipe!